Eden is great. Its like reading an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series.
A starship crahses on the surface of an unexplored planet. Stranded, without functioning robots or power, they venture out to explore the surface of the planet to hopefully find water or other resources they need to survive while they carry out repairs. They encounter strainge structures, and eventually some kind of alien civilization - but it is utterly incomprehensible to them. The novel is basically that: them exploring and trying to understand this strange civilization they have crash landed into.
The book might seem slow and overly descriptive at times, but I loved everything about it. I loved the rising tensions as the aliens become aware of their visitors. I loved the strange creatures. I loved how at the end, they meet a scientist of aome sort from this alien civilization, who had to sneak aboard their ship, and they establish a crude communication right before they have to leave. I hate that i seem to have misplaced my copy of the book, and can't share any quotes with you.
If you want some quiet, weird space adventures, this is the book for you.